Are you a film student, filmmaker or general film buff with a penchant for writing and exploring films a little further? Want to join a fun team of like-minded people, from all over the world? Want to write longer, in-depth articles, with lots of creative freedom, guided by professional editors?
Yes? You should totally sign up.
Or…. if you don’t want to commit to becoming a staff writer, but just want to submit one article, we also heartily welcome one-time submissions. Click here for more information.
Join Film Inquiry
By joining Film Inquiry, you will…
- join a great team – our diverse group of writers hail from all over the world
- get a free Film Inquiry Society membership (includes 10% off on everything in our shop)
- get more exposure
- get access to free film screeners and unique opportunities
- will be valued for its unique voice, just like your unique insights
- be edited by a team of professional editors
- needs to be of a high level, grammar and content-wise
- needs to reflect your excellent understanding of film and filmmaking
- needs to submitted on time.
Q: Who can write for Film Inquiry?
A: Everyone can! However, if you’re a filmmaker, a film student or an academic who does interdisciplinary study of film (like our Editor in Chief, who has combined criminology and film study), we’re particularly interested, and we encourage you to apply!
Q: How long should articles be?
A: We don’t work with word counts. Articles should be as long or short as they need to be, to be in-depth and to cover the matter in an exploratory, elaborate and non-repetitive way. For example, we’ve published reviews of 700 words, but also of 2000 words. We have published Resources that are over 7000 words. Our trailer posts usually aren’t longer than 300. You get the point.
Q: Can I publish whatever I want?
A: We are very eager to hear your ideas! We appreciate every individual’s insights into film, as experiencing film is inherently subjective of nature – you take your personal experiences and knowledge along for every film you see. However, we do require you to pitch any idea you might have to the editors before you submit an article.
If you have any more questions, please contact us at info (at) filminquiry.com.
If you’re interested in writing for us, please fill in the form below. If the form doesn’t seem to work, please email us at [email protected] We’re looking forward to receiving your application!